YDK – Yhoko's Development Kit
Schatten der Nazra 3D (first public screenshot)
VoidRunner - glowing sun and smoke (all animated)
- Numerous internal updates / faster GetAngle() - thanks to ToSensei.
- Render: Now supporting BSP trees for more performance in large environments.
- Render: New features including dynamic lighting and environmental bumpmapping.
- Render: YDK 1.3 now supports 3d models and rendering.
- Schatten der Nazra Demo released (german only)
- Scripting: Now supporting Yscript (PHP-like syntax).
- Draw: Dynamic light maps implemented (see SdN screenshots).
- Input: Now supporting rumble / force feedback effects.
- Input: Now supporting multiple input devices (eg. gamepads for multiplayer).
- Math: Added Vector-based collision and distance checks.
- Draw: Added texture manipulation: SetTexturePixel and ReplaceColor.
- Bugfix: Error in rotation formula spotted and fixed.
- DirectX 8.1 - input, rendering, sound, music
- WinSock - network functionality
- zlib.dll - data zipping
- vbpng.dll - PNG loader
- File access (read/write, zipped, encrypted, CRC check)
- Data encryption (Ycode)
- Supplementary mathematical functions
- Supplementary PNG support
- Geometry helpers (collision and intersection)
- Joystick Gamepad, Wheel, etc. support
- Extensions class (for your own plugins)
- Flexible scripting engine (Yscript)
- Server and client functionality (TCP/IP)
- Basic rendering (points, lines, rects, polygons)
- Sprite rendering (rotate, zoom, stretch, light)
- Text rendering (converted TrueType fonts)
- Render-to-target (allows post-processing effects)
- Lightmap rendering (brighten, darken, coloring)
- Texture manipulation (get/set pixels, save screenshots)
- Screen effects (gamma, tint)
- Play sound effects (wav) and music (mp3, midi)
- Modify sound/music (volume, playback speed)
- Virtual camera (smooth movement)
- Tile maps (parallax, zoom)
- Tile sets (animated, rotated and mirrored tiles)
- Picture layers (eg. parallax fog or static backgrounds)
- Collision maps (non-rectangular)
- Object maps (for placing objects "on the map")
- A*-based pathfinding (straight/diagonal, full/partial)
- Chars (2, 4 or 8 -way sprites, circle- and point-based collision)
- Char sets (animated)
- Imports .ASE and .3DS files (3ds max models)
- Basic 3D rendering (models, sprites, animations)
- Texture effects (additive/subtractive rendering, env-bumpmaps)
- Large environment rendering (BSP trees)
- Numerous vector and matrix helper functions (easy math)
- Rumble / Force feedback effects
- Basic particle system (rain, snow, sparks)
- Starfield and Startunnel modules
Interested in project-updates? Wanna discuss the topic or do you have suggestions? Or just willing to say hello? ^^;
Leave your message here: firstname.lastname@example.org